After Care - Do's & Dont's
How quickly you heal depends on the size of your tattoo and how intricate it is. Bigger tattoos will stay red and swollen longer.
- Keep the tattoo clean. Wash your skin daily with a gentle, unscented soap and lukewarm water.
- Pat the tattoo dry. Do not rub.
- Always wash your hands before touching the tattoo whilst it heals.
- Apply Bepanthen cream 3 times a day to the tattoo.
- Stay hydrated and drink plenty of water to keep your skin moisturised.
- Wear SPF clothing so the sun won't fade or discolour your tattoo. Avoid scratchy fabrics, such as wool, which can damage the art.
- Stay out of the sun until the tattoo is fully healed. Once healed, ensure you cover the tattoo with sunscreen.
- Cover your tattoo with sunscreen until it's fully healed.
- Scratch or pick at the tattoo.
- Wear tight clothing over the tattoo.
- Go swimming or have baths (showers are fine.)
- Sweat excessively.
- Scratch the tattoo even if it becomes itchy.
- Pick or pull of the scabs, let them come off naturally.
Please call us on (02) 9544 0344 if you have any questions.